It’s been quite a stretch since I’ve posted. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had the time to write. And that’s ok, because I’ve been spending the last few weeks enjoying the glorious weather. It is my favorite season and I wait 9 months for it come around again. I wish I lived in perpetual Fall. I think there is no more splendid place to live than New England in autumn.
In the intervening days since my last post I :
- went to Denver for a conference and am really grateful for that experience, it was incredibly rewarding
- spent Columbus Day weekend with E and S visiting our fav places in the valley, made a pit stop at Frontier, went to the top of Sugarloaf, and we finished the weekend sitting on the sofa enjoying bowls of chili and cornbread, while watching comedy (though I didn’t find any of it funny, because I apparently have no sense of humor, or so I was told. But I wholeheartedly agree. I’m frakkin hilarious damnit!)
- saw a bald eagle flying over the CT River
- went on a few walks in the woods (into the woods, into the woods, yes I’m singing in my head)
- roamed around Noho for Arts Night with my college BFF
- had some Delhi papri chaat and I want more, always
- worked on the farm shucking stalks of brussel sprouts. Let me tell you, it was 27 degrees on Saturday morning, so my hands were FREEZING! But it turned into a beautiful day, so I….
- spent the perfect Saturday with Z doing typical leaf-peeping activities: visiting a maple sugar shack, eating maple soft serve and some maple cotton candy, visiting the forever awesome Bookmill, and getting the best Mexican & margaritas around
- saw the last morning glories of the season bloom
- watched a swarm of ladybugs hover around the hummingbird feeder that has been abandoned til spring
Finally, I played with my dog and spent hours laughing at his antics. He joined our family 4 years ago this week. I love my dog! I’m sharing a picture of Hunter and his cuteness from his first days with the family. Wasn’t he the cutest??! So damn cute!